Who we are:
Launched in 2012, ReUSE Minnesota is a member-based network. Our members are Minnesota’s reuse, repair and rental businesses large and small, and the people and organizations who support them.
ReUSE MN is the only organization promoting Minnesota’s reuse, rental and repair sector and highlighting the benefits of reuse – for people and for nature. We actively build the reuse community and grow businesses through B2B networking, public education, events, advocacy, and this searchable reuse directory.
ReUSE MN is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
We are run by a volunteer Board of Directors and have several committees that any member or supporter can be a part of – Education & Outreach, Membership, Fundraising & Sponsorships.
Who can join ReUSE MN?
If you’re all about reuse, we welcome you to join us! Our members are:
- For- and non-profit businesses, any size, that are part of the reuse, rental or repair sector in Minnesota.
- Individuals who are passionate about reuse.
- Minnesota cities, counties, and state government partners who have an obligation to foster reduction and reuse to prevent waste.
- Become a sponsor or donor. Contact us for more information.
- Sign up for our newsletter – see bottom of this page.
- Give us a testimonial about how you reuse in your business, or reuse businesses you’ve done business with. Use the Contact us page.
- Have us in for a lunch-time or Earth Day presentation for your employees.
It’s a big tent and includes more types of business than you might think:
|Repurposing||Secondhand books||Secondhand exercise equipment|
|Upcycling furniture||Secondhand sports gear||Engine and vehicle repair|
|Creative or artistic reuse||Party supply rental||Tailors and seamstresses|
|Remanufacturing||Hardware stores that repair & rent||Shoe repair|
|Antiques||Tool rental||Vintage anything|
|AV equipment rental||Tool and toy libraries||Outdoor gear rental & repair|
|Electronics repair||Book libraries||Electronics resale|
Are you a business that supports reuse but that’s not a reuse business?
If your business wants to do more reuse or support ReUSE MN, but reuse isn’t your business, we have options!
A strong Minnesota reuse economy that
- leads the nation in well-paying reuse jobs and sales,
- is driven by citizens and institutions intentionally choosing to maximize use of what’s already available and support a circular economy.
- has documented environmental benefits.
Our work is fun, creative, and productive. Reuse is largely local, so our work is done by building and leveraging personal and B2B relationships. Here’s a sample:
- This searchable, website - ReUSEMN.org
This is a resource for all reuse businesses in Minnesota and all Minnesotans. Reuse-related businesses can list themselves on the site so customers can find them. It was made possible by a grant from our partners at the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency and untold hours by our volunteer board members.
- Repair for Reuse exhibit and demonstrations (EcoExperience, MN State Fair)
|Through ReUSE MN’s partnership with the MPCA, member businesses are able to get in front of thousands of people at the biggest event of the year, the MN State Fair. They talk about their business and teach reuse or repair skills. For the last 4 years, Alicia Wold, of member business Costume Rentals, has led work and coordination of this ground-breaking exhibit. We think it’s the only state fair with an exhibit on reuse and repair.|
- Quarterly member meetings.
Maybe you refurbish bikes, and this other person gets bikes donated that she can’t use. Maybe you need to know which government entity to approach with a question. We bring reuse businesses and advocates together several times a year for casual networking and lunch. It’s always hosted by a reuse business. You never know what kind of space you’ll be in, or what lovely vintage china you’ll eat from. But you can count on making a new connection to a business or resource or customer you didn’t have before.
Fair repair. Definitions of reuse. Reuse and zero-waste policies. Where can reuse businesses be located? Reuse businesses don’t tend to have lobbyists or time for issue research. ReUSE Minnesota listens to what they need, and then serves as their voice, writing letters or showing up at meetings.
- Event opportunities
ReUSE MN gets invited to events, like the Twin Cities Home and Garden Show and the Green Gifts Fair. When we are, we do our best to invite members to join us. It’s a value added opportunity for our paid members!