Call TODAY to Show Your Support for Minnesota Passing Fair Repair Legislation
Thank you to those of you that joined us for ReUSE Minnesota's February webinar on the Fair Repair legislation pending in Minnesota. This is an exciting time for the Fair Repair bill as it has started to be heard in the MN House Committees!
The passing of this bill is an important opportunity for Minnesota communities and local businesses by requiring electronics manufacturers provide consumers and independent repair shops with access to replacement parts, tools, manuals, software, and firmware. We've included a brief update on the MN Fair Repair bill, along with ways you can be involved in Minnesota becoming the first state to pass this legislation.
- The Fair Repair bill has been pending in Minnesota for the past five years, but this year has the strongest coalition and community support to-date.
- HF1138 (Fair Repair bill) passed out of the MN House Commerce Committee on Friday, March 8th, and will be referred for the next hearing with the House Judiciary Finance & Civil Law Committee on Tuesday, March 12th.
- The coalition is in the process of engaging testifiers and gathering support for the hearing.
How YOU Can Help Before the Next Hearing:
1. Contact your representatives
a. Find your MN House representative and call, or write a message at https://minnesota.repair.
2. Contact the House Judiciary Committee
a. Call or email members of the House Judiciary Committee, and share your support for the Fair Repair bill (HF 1138) and ask them to vote in favor of it at the upcoming hearing.
3. Come to the hearing & testify
a. Show your support in person by attending the hearing next Tuesday. Contact Tim Schaefer, the Minnesota coalition lead, if you would like to receive an update on the timing and location. TSchaefer@
4. Thank the representatives moving this bill forward
a. Email Rep. Fischer (email@example.com), and thank him for his commitment to this legislation and the positive impact it will have on businesses, communities, and the environment.
b. Email Rep. Halverson (firstname.lastname@example.org