ReUse MN Ambassador
Are you passionate about saving our planet for future generations? Are you passionate about talking with people about how they can help make a difference in our environment? Then this volunteer opportunity is for you.
Mission Statement for ReUse MN:
Support sustainable living and reduce waste. The ReUSE Minnesota business community connects you to local, thrifty and eco-friendly goods and services.
Our Vision: A strong Minnesota reuse economy that
- leads the nation in well-paying reuse jobs and sales,
- is driven by citizens and institutions intentionally choosing to maximize use of what’s already available and support a circular economy.
- has documented environmental benefits.
Job Title: ReUse MN Ambassador
Purpose: The ReUse MN Ambassador will spread the mission of ReUSE MN to organizations and individuals throughout the state of Minnesota.
Location: To be determined by the volunteer opportunity.
- Communicate the ReUse MN mission to organizations and individuals
- Greet guests at events
- Answer questions about ReUse MN and its members
- Participate in training sessions
- Organize training sessions
- Help recruit ReUse MN member organizations
- Prepare correspondence as requested
- Write blogs for the ReUse MN newsletter
- Other duties as assigned.
- Staff table at community events and fairs
- Minnesota State Fair EcoExperience
- Green Gift Fair
- Present ReUse MN presentation to community organizations
Reports to: Volunteer Coordinator, Madalyn Cioci
The Length of Appointment: No commitment
Time Commitment: One event
Qualifications: A passion for the environment.Pleasant manner, patience, problem-solving ability, dependability. Ability to provide own transportation to events.
Support: Training for this position will be provided.
Age Requirement: None
Dress Code: as appropriate per event
References:References may be requested. (Steve Jameson will discuss with legal regarding background check requirements.)